The Last Frontier Theatre Conference has released its Call for Plays for the 2013 Play Lab. This year, the Conference will be May 19-25. Selected plays receive public readings, with both public and private feedback sessions led by theatre professionals. Authors must register for the Conference and be in attendance for their reading.
Accepted writers will also have an additional opportunity to present their work in the 10-Page Play Slam, the Monologue Workshop, and the late-night Fringe Festival.
Authors are asked to submit through the call for plays on the website, www.theatreconference.org using the on-line form on the Play Lab link. Guidelines:
· Plays must be received by January 5, 2013
· One submission per author.
· Submissions should run between 20 minutes and 2 hours.
· They can be of any genre except musical.
· The play should not have received a professional production; readings and amateur productions are acceptable.
Plays presented at the Conference have gone on to productions throughout Alaska and the rest of the United States due to the exposure received there. Questions can be addressed to Conference Coordinator Dawson Moore at 907-834-1614 or [email protected].